After graduating from Bournemouth University with a degree in Licensed Retail Management, I moved to the big smoke to start my operational career with Mitchells & Butlers. I quickly progressed and headhunted by Whitbread’s Premier Inn, here I invested a vast amount of time with individual team members to develop, encourage, and promote internally. I focused on high standards and we celebrated our achievements.
I have a varied career history, it’s shaped who I am and provided me with incredible life experiences and stories to share. I keep it real. I became a qualified trainer in 2012, prior to that I was very hands on and got the job done!
My career history includes:
- Holiday Representative – This is where I developed my people skills!
- Retail Management – I lost count of how many sausages rolls I sold when managing Greggs, however I do remember ‘that Saturday’ when I didn’t order enough and we ran out at lunch time. It didn’t happen again!
- Hospitality Management – Managing bars, restaurants and hotels. I’d never walk past a glass and expect someone to clear it up. Lead by example.
- Olive tree maintenance technician (pruner) – Doing what needs to be done whilst backpacking in Australia!
- Apprenticeship Intake Consultant – Sourcing and recruiting apprentices to join the engineering and manufacturing program as well as designing & delivering Health and Safety, Employability skills and Functional Skills Maths and English.
- Trainer/Assessor – Design, delivery and assessment of Level 1 and Level 2 of Retail Management apprenticeships.
- Apprenticeship Group Compliance Manager – Managing funding of apprenticeship programs, including training all staff on procedures and efficiencies.
- Training & Development Advisor – I designed and delivered the accredited Highfield Qualification ‘Level 2 in Team Leading Principles’ where three out of the ten delegates achieved an internal promotion. In May 2020 I won the award for ‘Creating an Exceptional People Experience’.
I also absolutely loves dogs, I have a Staffy called Bailey who loves to share what is on my plate. However I have a strong dislikes of bell peppers and isn’t keen on a coriander garnish on food. It’s like decorating my plate with a weed!